Android Developer for Autonomous Driving
This job offer is expired
You will become a member of the prototyping team in Eindhoven developing software for an autonomous-driving demonstration car collaborating in EU wide partner programs. Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Build compelling new user experiences within TomTom’s Android apps integrating TomTom’s technologies developed for navigation- and autonomous- driving- functions
- Participate in the development of next generation technologies for self-driving cars, such as a platform for real-time map delivery and highly accurate localization software
- Contribute to the development of new product prototypes, such as a new generation telematics- and navigation units.
- Integrate TomTom technology in open-source programs on autonomous driving
- Support coordination of TomTom tasks within EU partner programs
What we expect from you
- Top-notch programming skills and engineering know-how (and a desire to keep learning) on topics below:
- Android SDK/NDK
- Concurrent programming
- Willingness to work on large and complex projects consisting of several teams
- Able to work and play well with others; TomTom is a collaborative environment.
- MSC or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent education. But if you’re talented, degrees aren’t everything
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
We would like to meet you!
Please apply throughwww.tomtom.com/careers.
Your recruiter for this job is Botho Koldeweij.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.