Touchlab is hiring Android developers to join us in creating high-quality software and solving challenging questions. We give our developers the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open source endeavors. We’re heavily involved in sorting out the future of multi-platform development, including work with Kotlin Native and Doppl (our j2objc tool). Check out our blog to learn more. As organizers of the NY Android Developers Meetup and Droidcon NYC, Touchlab provides great opportunities for developers to contribute to the Android community and increase their visibility.
We are open to qualified remote candidates who are in the NYC area (ie. you may need to make it in to the office a couple times a week)
- Build quality applications based on product requirements
- Bring design mock-ups to life and create attractive UI’s
- Perform peer code reviews and help us all get better
- Improve our process in weekly retrospectives
- Help research new technologies and multi-platform strategies
- FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE - Plenty of vacation days and flexible work arrangements.
- COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS - Top notch health care package, life and disability insurance, 401k program, and more.
- GROW PROFESSIONALLY - Support to continue your education and grow professionally.
- GREAT FOOD - Catered team lunches every Wednesday.
- COMPANY GATHERINGS - Fun stuff like office happy hours, team outings, Droidcon NYC, Monthly Meetup, and company-wide events.
- TELL YOUR FRIENDS - A generous referral bonus if you help us find the best people.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong Java/Kotlin/OOP skills
- 3 years of professional development experience. At least a year of that should be in Android. Open source contributions and individual projects will be considered as well (not school projects)
- Familiarity with Git, GitHub, and good version control practices
- Experience with common libraries such as Retrofit, RXJava, Mockito a plus
- Github and/or StackOverflow profiles. They carry a lot of weight, so please forward links and/or published apps if you have them.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow