Mobile Software Engineer
We are a Y Combinator startup backed by a top tier VC: Battery Ventures; and we are building the future trading platform of B2B in Africa.
We are on a mission to unlock trade in Africa, by creating transparency and trust in international trade.
Our headquarters are in: Morocco and Spain; with offices in the UK and Benin too!
We use the most up-to-date technologies, and we are looking for software developers to help us develop our mobile offering and extend our micro services architecture.
So far we've used a hybrid solution but we'd like you to take charge of the way we tackle mobile, and the way its going to revolutionize the way businesses trade in Africa.
A little more about what we do:
Our mission is to help businesses in Africa work with trusted partners globally and grow their company. We are building a trust platform, as its the missing component in any trade! We do more than just a listing or marketplace site, and help our buyers and sellers go through the entire trade process more easily, efficiently, and improved with technology.
Here is a short video about us: The African Opportunity
We want every African business to be able to trade internationally, just like any company and take advantage of cutting edge tech to solve payments, logistics, and most importantly trust issues. In our first year of full operations (2017) we already grew 300%, and the sky is the limit!
Your challenge as a mobile Developer:
You'll be a core member of our product team. As we are setting new standards in the way people carry out trading internationally, and in Africa, your input and problem solving will help set the new way African businesses can grow and succeed. Our growing user base needs access to the most cutting edge technologies on their smartphone, their main medium of business, so they can conduct business internationally in full security. Together we will develop a native experience that will prove efficient and address the ongoing issues of our users.
- 4+ years of professional mobile development (Android)
- Ability to develop production-ready software
- Experienced with Unit tests and UI tests
- Comfortable working in a team
- Willing to experiment and research independently without direction
- Understanding of software processes and methods, developed through experience
- Experience in UI development, and understand the process
- An ability to choose the best solution despite several competing options
- Knowledge of recent trends in mobile development, and their constraints
- Please note this is not a remote position
What we offer:
- Product ownership and decision making in the entire development process
- Work with a talented team and learn from international advisors and investors
- Work in sunny Andalusia, with a great lifestyle and excellent quality of living
- Be involved in a fundamental company supporting development in Africa
- Very competitive salary and stock options in a Silicon Valley startup
- Regular afterwork drinks, company team buildings, celebrations
- Generous PTO
- Support for relocation (if needed)
- Company provided laptop and screens (you choose your set up!)
- Have a voice in what tools you want us to use
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow