Engage Financial Technology’s mission is to help banks and financial institutions lead the digital banking revolution. Engage FT develops, launches, and manages user experience-centric products based on its Engage360 Innovation Platform. The company provides a unique combination of user-focused product design capabilities and bank information systems integration expertise, allowing its clients to better compete in the shifting consumer financial product landscape. Engage FT is based in San Diego, California.
Why You’re Needed
We are looking for a self-motivated Android developer who has a passion for mobile technology to help take our second stage startup to the next level. You will be part of a high-performing Engineering team developing core products for our clients while improving the scalability of our Engage360 platform.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to identify and pursue opportunities without being provided explicit direction. Nimbleness, team-oriented, and a passion for improving consumer experiences using technology are essential.
What You’ll Do
- Build advanced financial technology applications for the Android platform as the primary developer.
- Work collaboratively with team members who build the back-end services, as well as front-end developers building the same functionality for Web and iOS.
- Develop reliable, high quality code with minimal bugs.
- Stay current on Android technology to incorporate new features and maximize efficiency.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with an agile development lifecycle, to deliver products on time.
- Communicate effectively with clients to discuss requirements and technical issues.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with various stakeholders of projects understanding their requirements, communicating status, and working towards solutions
- Internalize and deeply understand complex technical problems and how they impact our customers and our teams
- Pair with UX Design and Business Analyst team members on customer calls to validate and own story definition
- Responsible for quality through acceptance of stories
- Run customer demos for features and full product
- Know when to escalate issues to management
- Communicate status on features to appropriate stakeholders
- Make software development process and teams more efficient, more effective, and more fun
What You’ll Need
- Proven work experience in software development with the following:
- Java 7 & 8
- Android Studio
- Material Design
- Compatibility Library
- RxJava 2
- Experience with the following is a bonus:
- Android O
- Complex Gradle configurations
- Android Architecture Components
- Data binding
- iOS development/debugging in Objective-C and/or Swift
- Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Published app in the store or code samples of work
- Must be able to work from design mockups to create the UI
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering a plus
- A passion for, and experience with, agile software development and improving consumer experience
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of technical feasibility
- Enjoyment for working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and users
- Personable and team player
- Self-motivated, organized
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow