This job offer is expired
JustClean is Kuwait’s on-demand laundry marketplace. With high-quality cleaning and turnaround in as little as four hours, we take the hassle out of laundry. We’re aiming to expand our services to the GCC. How could software engineering not be at the very core of this enormously ambitious mission? Already serving thousands of users, we rely on our engineers to build next-generation tools that will make us the most effective and efficient workforce in the industry. With bigger frontiers to conquer, we’re looking for passionate, bright, and driven software engineers that are eager to bring our apps to the next level.
A few examples of your responsibility
- Participate in and contribute to product development and product roadmap planning. We commend taking a proactive role on and ownership of the products you work on.
- Help define the software architecture of new apps or that of new features for existing apps, and then develop them. The work spans broadly from engineering and coding features to polishing world-class user interfaces.
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary.
- Expand our set of libraries as needed to make yourself as well as other engineers more efficient and effective.
- Stay informed on new mobile development technologies and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work.
What we are looking for
- Passion for the topic.You have a long-standing, proven passion for writing software. It’s a big plus if you have a demonstrated interest in developing mobile applications.
- Reasoning and depth of learning.You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and look to understand stuff truly in depth.
- You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done well. You get turned on by getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that, when getting things done in a competitive world, speed is often as important as quality.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring and you’re entrepreneurial in seeking out new opportunities and testing new ideas of your own accord. You don’t just wait to be told what to do all the time.
- Relevant experience.You have at least five years of software development experience, or at least three in iOS/Android develpoment. Only challenging, significant projects count. Multi-tenant SaaS platforms a big plus.
- Attention to detail.You care to develop quality user experiences for your colleagues, go the extra mile to learn what they need, and tend to notice the details that make a difference.
- Diligence, organization.You can blindly be entrusted with big responsibilities as well as small, more menial tasks.
- You’re down to earth, eager to listen to people’s feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Proficient in English.You read and write proficiently, and speak at a conversational level in English.