Lead Mobile Engineer (iOS and/or Android).
This job offer is expired
MongoDB Stitch, is a new backend as a service that lets you directly access MongoDB anywhere and interact with other services such as AWS S3, SES, GitHub, and Twilio. Stitch is backed by declarative rules and functions, that create your code that we run for you (https://www.mongodb.com/cloud/stitch).
The Stitch Mobile team will own the integration of Stitch with MongoDB Mobile as well as all of the SDKs for Stitch (Stitch currently supports SDKs for IOS, Android and Web/Node). The mobile MongoDB effort will allow developers to have a local instance of MongoDB on their mobile devices and get the same API they expect to use with MongoDB anywhere else within the mobile SDKs. These SDKs are critical to Stitch, allowing developers to deliver the same app across multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate will have...
- 5+ years of experience with developing apps/libraries on mobile platforms
- 2+ years in a management position
- Expertise in one of iOS or Android library development
- A love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- A desire for continuous learning of new technologies, languages, and platforms
- The skills of a mentor, an effective communicator, an engineer, and a team leader
- The ability to self-start and improve themselves, the team, and our technologies
- Some experience in distributed systems
- Some experience with Go or C++
- Some experience with MongoDB
- Collaborate with teams across the company including Product and Design
- Contribute to code across all of the SDKs
- Balance your time between coding, designing, mentorship, and leading your team
- Participate in the code review process
- Use agile practices to deliver features on a predictable schedule
- Grow and recruit new team members
- Work with team to design and implement new features
The Lead Mobile Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around each of the SDKs
- Know how to communicate effectively with other teams to achieve a common goal
- Can be a source of guidance and advice to their own team members and other teams
- Build a relationship with their team around trust
- Are able to plan and execute on delivering features on a predictable basis while working with Product and Design
- Can forge a path to planning, executing, and delivering features while working cross-functionally with our Product and Design teams
- Have a vision for the future of the product and can articulate the way forward