Programming Technical Director
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America.
Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Do you have experience releasing and managing the technical side of top grossing mobile F2P games? This is a unique opportunity to join a successful game studio with big ambitions, working on some of the most exciting intellectual properties in entertainment. Behaviour Interactive is seeking a dynamic technical leader to lead the development of the next top grossing mobile games.
As a Technical Director, you will work with a diverse team of engineers, product managers, producers and marketers to build and run a F2P mobile game. You will own the technical strategy and work with the game leadership team to ensure we’re creating solid games that will entertain players for years to come. The ideal candidate will have shipped and managed a live mobile F2P game in a technical leadership role. Their experience covers the full technical stack, from client design to cloud-based services and analytics/CRM.
What you’ll do:
- Define the technological strategy with the development team (pipeline, tools, and key development procedures);
- Assess technical risk and mitigation plan for the projects;
- Establish standards and procedures to track and measure projects’ progression in collaboration with the project management team;
- Evaluate development team(s), identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance;
- Scout for and evaluates new technology and tools as opportunities for innovation and development excellence;
- Oversee technical design documentation process for correctness and timeliness;
- Oversee technical communication with external parties;
- Provide input to the other disciplines on the practicality of initial design goals and impact to the overall project timeline;
- Evaluate software implementation on design and task thoroughness;
- Define, communicate and enforce coding standards;
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization;
- Identify reusable code required for our code library and ensures the code is of high quality;
- Track and identify new opportunities to improve our methodology;
- Act as a senior developer on occasion to deliver or collaborate on high-impact, complex features or tools;
- Occasionally acts as a lead developer managing teams, tasks, and priorities;
- Be an expert in the F2P mobile market and a source of knowledge on trends and best practices in particular on the technical side.
What we seek:
- At least 8 years of game development experience with at least 4 years on mobile;
- Experience with iOS, Android;
- Strong debugging skills required; notions of Assembler and GPU debugging a plus;
- Strong performance analysis skills required;
- Specialized knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, client/server, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus;
- Knowledge of C#, Python, batch file programming and/or Linux development a plus;
- Must be able to work very autonomously, consulting with other Directors as required;
- Must be able to self-organize and prioritize tasks without oversight;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills required; must be able to vulgarize technical concepts for both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Must be comfortable breaking down and scoping large technical mandates; experience managing teams a plus;
- Must be comfortable mentoring other programmers.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
Software Engineer - Android Hopper Inc.Montréal, CanadaMay 09