Mobile Lead LinkNYC
What is the role?
As the technical lead for Link’s Mobile Team, you will serve a key role in scaling Intersection’s Link product. We are growing both within our existing fleet, and bringing Link to new cities. Additionally, we are on the path to deliver new mobile experiences to our users. You will help lead the charge of this expansion.
Starting in NYC, Link has now expanded to London and Philadelphia with more cities to come soon. With this expansion, we are looking to bolster user engagement with new consumer applications. Working with the rest of the team, you will make hands-on engineering contributions while ensuring that the team of engineers is executing in alignment with the overall vision by providing guidance and technical direction.
This role requires you to be an excellent mobile engineer across iOS (using Swift) and Android as well as manage people and projects on a growing team.
Your First 30 Days:
- Spend time with engineers and product getting up to speed on the current mobile projects, and implement features from our backlog to get a sense of the current individual contributor experience.
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering to transfer team leadership responsibilities
Your First 60 Days:
- Take over leadership and management responsibilities of the mobile team
- Work closely with product to define sprint goals and ensure on-time delivery of stories
- Work with the Director of Engineering to define the growth plan for the mobile team
- Lead the release of our first consumer mobile application
- Continue to pick up work from the backlog
Your First 90 Days:
- Work with product, design, and business partners to scope and plan future mobile projects for Link
- Release new versions of our first application
- Hire mobile engineers to expand the team
- Write code across our mobile codebases
You are awesome for this role because:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in an engineering driven product environment.
- You are a strong programmer, preferably with Swift and Java.
- You are excellent at communicating and collaborating, especially with folks who aren't engineers.
- You have experience launching new mobile applications, as well as maintaining existing ones.
- You are passionate about leading teams in an iterative development environment
- You have opinions about a good methods for testing mobile applications
- You care about automating and improving tasks.
- You have implemented features for digital products and services
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow