Engineering Manager / Teamlead Android (m/f) for a leading digital platform
This job offer is expired
What we need from you:
- Recruit and hire talented engineers and ensure they get up to speed.
- Maintain our Android apps and grow their user base
- Work with other engineering teams to align and propose technical solutions for cross-cutting problems.
- Participate in architectural discussions, regularly propose and discuss solutions to a system or product.
- Work with product owners and challenge them in product initiatives and strategy.
- Be aware of work status, remove blockages and ensure the people are doing the most important work.
- Provide both technical and personal guidance to your engineers.
- Continuously improve the apps your team develops with a lean product development mindset.
- Willingness to write professional articles, blog posts, speak at conferences and/or organize meetups.
What we need you to bring:
You are as enthusiastic about building teams as you are about building new products. You believe teams get satisfaction from the measurable results of solutions to difficult problems. To be great at this role you:
- Are an engineer at heart with several years experience developing Android apps with Java or Kotlin
- Have a product development background and experience in building user facing products
- Have a deep understanding of Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- Have at least two years experience leading multi-disciplinary and multi-culture teams
- Prefer to prove your ideas by trying them and measuring their impact. You accept failure is part of that process.
- Are a strong technical mentor. You’ll lead your team by example.
- Are fluent in English, German is a plus