Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
As part of the expansion of our YOOX team, we are always looking for bright candidates who be responsible for Mobile Development in Android and create values to our users. The ideal candidates are MOBILE Android Developers and have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent; international experience in the same role at a multinational Company will be considered as a strong plus. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally motivated, perfectionist and talented individual who will be responsible for developing, testing, documenting, deploying, supporting and sustaining the YOOX mobile native app, interface, and libraries of YOOX online experience.
- Managing the entire lifecycle of the android application from design to application development;
- Implementing new functionalities;
- Fix any issues tracked by error management tools;
- Daily reviewing of code developed and related critical evaluation, with particular attention to UX, stability and performance issues;
- Help contribute and create best practices for the team
Skills & requirements:
- 3 years of experience in Android development with Java.
- Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable codebase.
- SOLID principles and Design Patterns.
- Ability to navigate, understand, and reuse large existing codebases.
- Experience with third-party services (RESTful APIs, WebSockets) to integrate mobile applications to server-side systems.
- Knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle.
- Competent at using Git.
- Problem solving skills using programmatic solutions.
- Experience with TDD or BDD development.
- Knowledge of Espresso framework.
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability.
- Experience working in an Agile team and working harmoniously with others.
- Good Knowledge of the English language.
- A passion for new technologies in general and in particular for the development of applications for mobile devices.
- Demonstrated ability in developing Android applications in Kotlin
- Some other programming experience (Swift, Objective-C, C#, ..)
- Knowledge of the Italian language
Location: Zola Predosa, Bologna.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER, and multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French group's luxury brands.
In 2016, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP joined forces with Symphony, an entity controlled by Mohamed Alabbar’s family, to establish a ground-breaking joint venture to create the Middle East’s undisputed leader for online luxury retail.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.9 million high-spending customers, 29 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2016 net revenues of €1.9 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow