Senior Software Engineer, Android
This job offer is expired
Wellframe is a Boston-based digital health company focused on building the next generation of infrastructure for care delivery by combining clinical medicine and mobile technology. We’re using our system to deliver more personalized treatments, optimize the management of large patient populations, and dynamically organize health care resources around the needs of patients. We partner with health insurers, hospitals, device companies, and outpatient clinical settings to bring the highest standards of preventive medicine to patients with complex medical and social needs using a tech-enabled approach to care delivery.Come build the future of the medical care experience: ours, yours, and the generations to come. We’ve begun the journey, but crave bright and transformational team members to keep us on our motivational path to ensure everyone is able to receive the medical care they deserve.
What you'll be doing:
- Building a multi-faceted app that integrates patient to-dos, reminders, wellness content, care provider chat, and medication management.
- Implementing multimedia user messaging that is robust, HIPAA-compliant, and ensures against data loss.
- Integrating with other devices to collect passive biometrics (e.g., pulse oximetry, glucose level, blood pressure). Integrating with Google Fit for data exchange with other wellness apps and fitness devices.
- Implementing tracking capabilities to help patients measure their progress towards health goals.
- Developing against our back-end data pipeline used to analyze product use and patient behavior.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- At least 3 years of Android development experience, including publishing commercial apps in the Google Play Store.
- Strong knowledge of Android custom native UIs, design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge about how to develop for low-memory, low-connectivity situations, with a focus on battery efficiency.
- Passion for keeping up-to-date on mobile trends that can be leveraged for designing the infrastructure for our mobile apps.
- Excellent communication skills, and proficiency explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand.
- Passion to benchmark and optimize, with a preference for writing clean and elegant, test-driven code.
- Skills to work effectively in a fast-paced, agile startup environment, and the desire to find fulfillment delivering innovative products.
Tools we use include:
- Java, Kotlin, Android Architecture Components, Android Studio, Gradle, Git, Espresso, Retrofit, the Bolts Framework, Gson, SQLite.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow