Software Engineers - Mobile, Product, Project and Software Services Engineers
Lucas Systems, conveniently located at The Columbia Centre in Bracknell across the street from the train and bus stations, is looking to expand its top notch software engineering team.
Would you like to collaborate with some of the brightest, most talented software engineers and software service engineers AND make a recognizable impact in a profitable, established and growing software solutions company? As a member of Lucas' Team, you could be doing just that!
At Lucas, Software Engineers are responsible for: designing, developing, documenting, and supporting major components of the next generation of Lucas’ software products. Lucas' solutions are deployed in 3-4 months so engineers can see the results of their work in production.
Software Services Engineers maintain existing solutions, deploy software directly to customer environments, and provide superior customer communication. They also design, develop, and manage software enhancements.
Technologies include software that runs on a variety of leading-edge mobile devices from manufacturers such as Samsung, Lenovo/Motorola, and Zebra Technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline together with previous software engineering experience preferred.
- Object-oriented programming (preferably C#) and database skills (preferably SQL Server).
- Commitment to producing high quality, well-designed and flexible applications.
- Solid troubleshooting, analytical, and organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Dedication to collaborative working style and desire to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Valued Experience:
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) or other supply chain software solutions; systems that include mobile devices; Android development.
We are also seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with C++ and Android mobile development experience to serve as a key part of our Mobile Technologies Team.
- Design and implement software for Lucas mobile work execution solutions, particularly the software that runs on the mobile clients (Android and Windows CE-based devices)
- Enhance and maintain Lucas’s existing core mobile device software that provides high performance speech recognition, multimodal input, and audio prompt playback capabilities.
- Research state-of-the-art hardware and technologies which can be leveraged in Lucas solutions, and develop proof-of-concepts and business cases around them
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party hardware (smartphones, mobile computers, smart watches, smart glasses, barcode scanners, headsets, etc.) for use in Lucas solutions
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party software (terminal emulation, mobile device management, libraries for specific functionality, etc.) for use in Lucas solutions
- Assist in the creation and ongoing updates of Lucas’s product and R&D roadmaps
- Support Lucas’s Customer Support Team in troubleshooting and developing fixes and enhancements for existing customer deployments
- BS in Computer Science or Software/Computer Engineering (significant and relevant work experience coupled with a differing degree will be considered)
- 2+ years of experience
- Strong working knowledge of C++
- Experience developing rich-client mobile applications targeting Android
- A passion for innovation and desire/commitment to drive ideas to solutions that solve real-world problems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills and ability to be attentive to details
- In addition to C++, development experience with Java or C#
- In addition to Android, experience with mobile device development targeting Windows Mobile/CE or iOS devices.
- Speech recognition research or development experience (speech recognition accuracy evaluations, use of APIs and/or tuning of speech recognition systems like Kaldi, CMU SPHINX, Nuance VoCon 3200, etc.)
- Machine learning experience
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, RFID, NFC, vision, augmented/mixed reality
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi network design and troubleshooting
- Experience with cross platform mobile app development with Xamarin
- Working knowledge of one or more database systems
- Knowledge of warehouse systems and operations
Additional Valued Experience:
Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and operations, or other supply chain software solutions.
Notes: Remote work on occasion; Sponsorship considered as part of an evaluation period; Some relocation assistance may be offered for the right individual.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow