Senior Android Developer
This job offer is expired
Your Mission: This is a mobile-first product, so you’ll be part of our talented engineering team and responsible for developing our Android application whilst contributing ideas and developing new features to make the app the best in class for our growing user base.
Our Mission: Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We can turn any bank, into a smart bank. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. But better, we can consolidate all your accounts into one single, simple to use experience. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place.
What your day will involve:
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to design, build and ship quality features
- Staying close to the customer and working as a team to iterate fast
- Writing clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- A passion for and experience of building consumer-facing Android applications
- An eye for design and a passion for UX, with an ability to craft excellent design into a first-class application that puts the customer at the core
- A stellar track record of developing apps that delight users
- Effectively worked in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with multiple programming languages a big bonus
- An imagination for the future!
In your bag of technical wizardry:
- Java using Android SDK, Android Studio, Kotlin
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development
- Unit testing!
- Familiar with core Android components: Activities, Fragments, Services, Content Providers, Broadcast Receivers and understanding of lifecycles
- Good knowledge of capabilities offered by Android's UI toolkit including Styles & Themes, Layouts, Input Controls, Animation & Graphics
- Experience of asynchronous processing on Android, including Loaders
- Reactive programming with RxJava
- Use of RESTful APIs
- Use of Application Architecture patterns, data binding & MVVM pattern
- Experience with SQL (especially SQLite on Android)