AGODA - Senior Android Developer - eTravel, Bangkok
Who is Agoda?
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world's leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen.
- At Agoda, you'll find a team of smart and engaged people collaborating to find elegant and beautiful solutions to complex problems
- We have each others backs and you'll work closely with the team to build great products
- The team you will be joining is multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and we're all travellers at heart
If you're passionate about the idea of joining a strong engineering team that's obsessed about learning, getting better every single day, and tackling big and interesting technical and business challenges, then read on.
Why Agoda Mobile Apps Team?
We're very proud about our Android app, which has become a core part of our business. You'll be working on a product that's evolved tremendously and still has lots of room to grow.
Here are some interesting facts about us:
- We write our code in the MVP pattern with a lot of lessons learned from earlier MVVM work. Our goal is to use the best patterns and SOLID principals to achieve ever-increasing code quality and team velocity
- We are implementing with Mosby and our favourite Java8 features, which means you'll enjoy reading our code-base again and again because of how alluring it is
- We love A/B testing features, this will help you better understand your audience and the impact of the work you do on the business
- All of our work is covered by a solid suite of JUnit and Espresso UI tests (we're very serious about this - we have around 5 hours of UI tests if you run them serially!) We automate everything. Love of mockito, Robolectric, and adb required.
- We support over 40 locales (and still haven't solved one key localisation challenge which is RTL)
- Git lets us make our magic. We are unlike almost 99% of App development teams in that merge multiple scrum teams work constantly into a common code base. Expertise in all things Git - mandatory.
- And of course, we take code reviews very seriously, because we're obsessed about quality and developing together as a team
- Must have knowledge of RxJava, Dagger2, jUnit 4, mockito, Robolectric, espresso, Retrofit, Fresco, Analytics (Fabric, Google Analytics, etc), A/B testing
With Agoda you can grow rapidly as an engineer.
- You will work with top Android developers
- Have the ability to use and expand your experience
- Have a big impact on the business.
If you are keen to try and learn new things, you can always challenge yourself by improving the CI systems at the core of our process, experimenting and introducing new languages and design patterns and even chipping in to our IOS app or API code! It's not unusual for our engineers to step outside of their scope to help the whole team grow and get better.
And since we have many scrums in the team, it's also not uncommon for engineers to have experience across different scrum teams where they can learn about different parts of the product.
Agoda puts engineering and product at the front and centre of the business. That's even more true of the mobile team, where, more and more, new strategic projects start with the app. You will get to work on lots of cool stuff and important business decisions are made right here.
If that's the kind of team you want to join, let's talk!
Agoda is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
Mobile Developer - AGODA HIRING NOW - BANGKOK Big Wednesday DigitalBangkok, ThailandMay 25
BWAGODA HIRING: Mobile Apps Development Manager - Bangkok Big Wednesday DigitalBangkok, ThailandMay 10
Mobile Developer - AGODA HIRING NOW - BANGKOK Big Wednesday DigitalBangkok, ThailandApril 24