Mobile Developer Job Description
Ready for a chance to learn new technologies and work with awesome people? CrossComm is looking for a great candidate to join its agile development team in Durham, NC. This position reports directly to our Chief Software Architect and offers the following:
• Cutting Edge Technology Exposure: we have a track record of staying on the forefront starting with web development in the 90's and developing one of the first 500 apps to launch on Day 1 of the iTunes App store. We’re always looking for the next big thing.
• Work/Life Balance: we honor great work, not sitting in the office all night and the expectation of this role is 40 hours/week.
• Technical Management Team: report directly to our Chief Software Architect, who has a Masters in Computer Science- and work with a highly competent team which is led by the founding CEO with a Computer Science background and two decades of experience leading the company.
The immediate need is for a mobile developer who can come in and be a strength in their preferred platform (iOS or Android) but we would desire a candidate motivated to continue learning new skills and be able to develop in multiple platforms. We want someone who is an excellent learner, highly intelligent and excels when given an opportunity to grow.
• 3 to 5 years of professional programming experience on native mobile platforms.
• Demonstrable experience with any or all of the following languages/frameworks:
Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, iOS, Android
• Well versed in native clients, server-side platforms and their interactions
• Experience working with many different types of 3rd party platforms and services and able to learn how to integrate with new server-side platforms
• Strong object-oriented programming skills and knowledge of design patterns and how they can be applied in various environments
• Ability to solve complex problems in Mobile App development; we would expect this person to enjoy solving challenging problems and working on cutting-edge applications
• Fluency with agile development and ability to estimate accurately and deliver upon estimated timelines
• Commitment to excellence in code; desire to create simple, elegant solutions with high standards
• Ability to collaborate confidently with a team; someone who is fun to work with
Nice to Haves
• Experience with server-side development so as to understand the entire ecosystem of a mobile application
• History of working in consulting or freelance development to be familiar with the unique challenges of our industry
• Demonstrable experience with interactions between applications and Bluetooth hardware (Bluetooth classic or BLE)
• User interface design and/or graphic design experience
Salary and Benefits
Pay will be commensurate with experience. CrossComm offers a health care stipend, paid parking, a flexible work environment, and an extremely generous profit sharing program to help you share in our successes. Most of all, CrossComm has a warm, friendly team – which makes for an awesome work environment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Mobile Developer” in your email subject) with your resume and a persuasive cover letter. Please be prepared to send code samples and a portfolio of previous work with detailed descriptions of your involvement scope (what you did and did not do for a given project). A digital portfolio is a plus.
Founded in 1998, CrossComm, Inc. is a Durham based mobile and web app studio that helps organizations to bring their digital aspirations to life. Our headquarters is located in the thriving and vibrant American Underground campus on Main Street in Downtown Durham. Consisting of 9 team members, the company aims to push further into the online and mobile space by creating internal intellectual properties that fit within our company’s vision. We seek someone who shares our commitment to value people and make a positive difference in the local community and beyond.
201 West Main St. Suite 200 PMB 208 Durham, NC 27701 crosscomm.com
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow