Software Engineer (Android / iOS)
This job offer is expired
Gravity is looking for passionate software engineers to architect, design, and develop native mobile apps for use by our drivers and clients.
As a senior member of the team you should love working on complex technical problems.You'll work to improve the overall performance of our products and ensure they stay stable and scalable as we continue to grow as a company.
- You will build native mobile apps using the latest technologies and work closely with design, product and marketing to launch new features and iterate.
You will work closely with customer support to identify problems and come up with solutions and improvements.
- You love building relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Provide thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
Assist in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in an extremely fast moving environment
Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time
- Computer Science degree from a top tier university or equivalent work experience
5+ years experience building native mobile applications (Android or iOS)
- Deep understanding of the iOS or Android platform.
Strong experience with test-driven development.
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
Experience with push notification services
- Knowledge of performance profiling tools and optimization techniques
Experience consuming web services and HTTP REST interaction with JSON
- Portfolio of apps that you’ve built; ideally these are in the app store, polished in design and architecture
Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies