You Are Ready To Make An Impact
Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From Fashion Store to Brand Solutions to Business Assurance and Smart Logistics, you will be building the technologies that are utilized as a base for further products and aim to connect all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
We live Radical Agility - a software development methodology that allows engineers to get work done while management keeps their distance. Along with our guiding set of principles - Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose - we entrust you and your team to shape the future of Zalando.
As an Android engineer at Zalando, you will design, build and implement award-winning apps used and enjoyed by millions of people. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we evolve into a “mobile first” company. And you will have the freedom to launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand--while receiving meaningful support at every step.
What we are looking for
- Passion producing well structured, readable and testable code.
- Deep understanding of Android SDK and Java.
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services (especially REST)
- Familiarity with RxJava is a plus.
- Prior experience with ProGuard preferred.
- Experience using Git.
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing—you enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills--you can spar with engineers, product owners and other stakeholders.
- Follow agile methodologies to continuously improve our Android app.
- Help our team to develop amazing user experiences for mobile.
- Identify and share your knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies that will help us innovate faster.
You Are Offered
Culture. Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +70 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coder Dojos, parties & events.
Perks. Competitive salary, subvention of your occupational pension plan, 40% Zalando shopping discount, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals as well as help with kindergarten and schools, free drinks & fruits, hardware of your choice, family rooms
Development. Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Sara Bettencourt.
How to apply
Similar job offers in your area
Senior Mobile Developer (m/f) Mimi Hearing Technologies GmbHBerlin, GermanyJuly 13
Mobility App Squad looking for Android Developer (f/m) moovel Group GmbHBerlin, GermanyJuly 13
Senior Android Engineer (f/m) Delivery Hero AGBerlin, GermanyJuly 09
Android Developer - BILD (m/f) SPRING | Axel SpringerBerlin, GermanyJune 21
Senior Full Stack Mobile Engineer (Android) (m/f) Berlin_Invalidenstrasse 116Berlin, GermanyJune 04