Lead Android Engineer
This job offer is expired
Y Media Labs is a creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences. We create digital products with purpose that have lasting impact on users' lives and clients' businesses.
Through next generation technologies and world-class design, we help brands like Apple, PayPal, L'Oreal, Home Depot, and Staples develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. Founded in 2009, Y Media Labs is headquartered in Silicon Valley with four offices worldwide including Atlanta, Indianapolis & Bangalore.
We came of age with the invention of the app store. We have mobile in our DNA. We create solutions across the digital ecosystem. But we approach these problems from our mobile roots. Unlike agencies who are born desktop, we are deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile lifestyle.
We have delighted over 407 million users, built over 200+ apps, partnered with 26 Fortune 500 companies, been responsible for over $60 billion in mobile transactions and been featured on the app store over 700+ times!
Portfolio of of our work can be found @ http://www.ymedialabs.com/work
Live look into our engineering team @ http://www.ymedialabs.github.io
Live look into our design team @ https://dribbble.com/ymedialabs
- Produce the highest quality code
- Hands-on coding, systems analysis, design, and delivery of digital ecosystem case studies
- Develop apps and digital products for a single, large client or multiple small to medium clients
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner within project parameters
- Communicate with divisional user personnel and data processing management on project status and issues raised
- Cultivate a collaborative working environment with a growing team
- Maintain appropriate expertise to ensure effective service level
- Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self research and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping the future
- Provide good technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
- 8 years minimum overall experience in software programming with 6 years minimum specializing in Android application development
- At least 3 published applications on the Android Marketplace available for immediate download and review by our team
- Extensive use of Java I/O, Collections, Algorithms and other well known application frameworks
- Comfortable developing rich GUI’s for Android
- Experience with source code management techniques using Git and/or SVN
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, MVC programming, and concurrent programming
- Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, as well as optimizing code for application performance
- A solid understanding of operating system fundamentals such as processes, inter-process communication, multi-threading primitives, race conditions and deadlocks
- Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams -- Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
-- P.S. We are always on the lookout for passionate and hard working individuals to join our talented team, so if you have any friends whom might be interested, please refer to www.ymedialabs.com/careers for more details. --