Sr. Mobile Engineer Tech Lead, Digital Home
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Xfinity Home is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our mobile engineering team as a technical lead. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the Xfinity Home Security & Automation mobile apps with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations. The Xfinity Home mobile apps integrate with APIs, the Xfinity Home Hub, and numerous home security and automation products like thermostats, light bulbs, door locks, cameras, and sensors.
This is an opportunity to immerse yourself into the challenges of IoT and collaborate across many teams at Comcast. In this role, you will collaborate with other mobile, web and embedded systems developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers. Your primary responsibilities will include leading development of features for existing native iOS and/or Android apps as well as building new iOS and/or Android apps and libraries from scratch. You will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building mobile applications (Obj-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin) that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions of users) as well as home automation devices and wireless mesh networks (e.g. ZigBee and Z-Wave) and have a strong bias for clean, reusable code, testability and automation.
- 5+ years professional experience in creating native iOS or Android applications, preferably ones that have been released in the App Store or Play Store
- Familiarity with common libraries and Cocoa design patterns or Material Design patterns
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- Agile project management experience
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to think critically and independently and lead a team toward technical innovation and quality.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Familiarity with wireless mesh networking (ZigBee, Z-Wave, Thread, etc.)
- Experience building/operating mobile applications dependent on large-scale (>1MM users) platforms with high availability
- Knowledge of source control systems (Git)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with automating workflows for software development builds and deployments
- Knowledge in several of: Charles Proxy, accessibility laws and development techniques, HTTP and RESTful web services
- Ability to effectively communicate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to solve ambiguous/undefined problems
- Experience driving adoption of software engineering best practices within your team
- Experience building mobile SDKs and libraries
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer