Lead Android Developer
This job offer is expired
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it. To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com What You’ll Be Doing You’ll be at the heart of a team bringing innovative technology to life, working towards a shared vision - CIBC’s digital transformation to deliver best in class mobile banking experience for our clients. As a Lead Android Developer you’ll lead the technical design, development and integration of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. How You’ll Succeed
- Programming Skills - Develop code and test computer programs for straightforward assignments. Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including encoding, testing, and debugging.
- Systems Implementation - Participate in the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Planning and Coordination - Effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications as instructed by senior team members.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in native Android development using Java and Kotlin (ideally 3-5 years). You have exposure to one or more of the following technologies : Android SDK, XML, and GIT. You have a strong fundamental understanding of Object Oriented Design & Programming principles, JSON and RESTFul web services and have written Unit Test and UI Automation Tests. It’s an asset if you understand the Play Store Publication Process; you’ve published your own Android or iOS app; you have experience with Jenkins, Jira or Confluence, and/or other build & deploy tools.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contactMailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit