This job offer is expired
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Android engineer who is passionate about building software. This is an opportunity to make a big impact as an integral part of our development team. This job is based in our New York City HQ.
- You love building great mobile applications
- You are passionate about coding and building great software
- You like working with a team that is as passionate as you
About The Job:
You'll work closely with our product and design teams to bring the BuzzFeed experience to Android. You'll work as a core member of our mobile engineering team to build great products for Android. We have an iterative development process. We're looking for talented, motivated individuals to build state of the art mobile software.
- Written native, concurrent, backwards-compatible android code
- Have developed an app that has been deployed to the Play Store
- Experience with Gradle/Android Studio
- Experience with GIT and PR code reviews
- Experience building and shipping Android applications
- Has coded in Kotlin
- Familiarity with Retrofit, Glide, or other network frameworks
- Understanding common design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Presenter, Model-View-ViewModel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Mentorship experience
- Familiarity with Agile (Sprint based) project planning and Jira (or similar)
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.