Lead Mobile Engineer
We're looking for a product-oriented engineer that can bring compelling user experiences to life on iOS and (eventually) Android devices. Aaand maybe even desktop and other form factors down the road, though our business users are mostly on iOS (iPads). We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in mobile development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and is excited to learn about and contribute to app performance.
You'll have responsibility over the mobile codebase and how to ensure users are happy with our mobile UX. This will include prototyping new functionality, choosing which tools we use, testing, iterating, and basically taking ownership from end to end. Mobile apps will communicate with our API layer, so you'll be collaborating with the rest of the engineering team on how to interact with various services.
Desired skills (we like people with skills)
- Competent in various languages to get the job done, and can pick up new languages where necessary
- A firm grasp of the iOS development libraries and UI controls/guidelines
- Full understanding of iOS application submission process, and can navigate certification/provisioning/configuration processes
- Past track record of production ready apps in the app store
- Understanding of RESTful API’s and how to interact with them in iOS
- APNS experience
* While the focus of this role is iOS development, you will be given many opportunities to work on many non-iOS engineering projects **
Also contact us if...
- You are really smart and are willing to learn iOS development
- Have experience with Android, and want to expand into iOS
- You think we should hire you for any other reason
How to apply
Similar job offers in your area
Seattle, WA, USJune 14