Senior Mobile Engineer
This job offer is expired
Klaviyo is a Boston startup located right in the heart of downtown Boston. We craft software helping thousands of ecommerce companies to have engaging relationships with hundreds of millions of consumers. We love tackling tough engineering problems and look for engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last. Klaviyo is looking for a Senior Mobile Software Engineer to drive our mobile initiatives. You will own Klaviyo’s own mobile app utilized by our customers as well as the Android and iOS SDKs powering mobile analytics and engagement for many of today’s fastest-growing brands.
- Build SDKs for Android and iPhone to enable brands to instrument and drive engagement and sales with their mobile apps.
- Modernize the official Klaviyo native app to give Klaviyo customers the key business critical insight they need right when they need it.
- Pair with our Push Messaging team to build and test best of breed mobile messaging experiences driving real-time engagement to millions of consumers.
- Help drive the mobile strategy of our customers by having direct customer conversations and ensuring the Klaviyo mobile roadmap gives them what they need.
- Have the chance to wholly own features that thousands of our customers rely on daily to reach 100,000,000+ of consumers to drive their business forward.
- Advance your technical skills in all facets ranging from mobile engineering best practices, to full stack development and user experience to data science and leveraging massively parallelized data pipelines. You’re passionate about mobile but will have the opportunity to work on it all.
- Contribute to the company as a subject matter expert in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within Klaviyo.
- Have proven yourself building mobile apps that matter and pushing yourself to constantly write better code to build experiences that delight passionate users
- Possess a strong portfolio of mobile projects and web engineering projects. You’ve built multiple apps in many technologies over time and are eager to share your learnings.
- Stay on top of the latest mobile technologies, and are particularly passionate and an expert in multiple mobile areas. You show this by having strong and opinionated experience with various technologies, know how to pick the right tool for any job, but understand that the mobile landscape is diverse and fragmented and you may be expected to support other ecosystems.
- Love digging into performance and scalability issues to drive breakthrough solutions-- whether it's a slow loading web pane or animation, too many clicks in a workflow, or a feature timing out because a backend REST API call is slow. You recognize all problems can be solved.
- Enjoy shipping code early & often in an agile fashion, pairing with product management to craft better software by soliciting feedback from thousands of end users
- Like working on a small, autonomous agile teams.
- At Klaviyo, you will have ownership of features, but you'll collaborate with everyone to make sure we produce the right solution.