Mobile Apps Development Manager - Bangkok - AGODA HIRING
Mobile Apps Development Manager
We are looking for world class development managers to lead our mobile app engineering team and bring it to where it belongs: the number one spot. The development manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate should be extremely hands-on, technically excellent and well versed on solid engineering principles as well as exhibit strong leadership and people development skills.
It's vital to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things. You will be expected to guide and review the team's work, but at times you also may need to get hands-on and code yourself. You'll also be expected to stay in touch with where the industry is going as well as have strong opinions about how systems should be engineered and maintained. Our company believes in full stack engineering so you must have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client-side (iOS and Android), back-end, performance, data and others.
As a technology company, we keep up with the latest ideas and innovations and make key decisions on when to adopt, when to follow and when to innovate. Previous experience of making the right choices will be required as you will be responsible for the technical direction of our fastest growing asset: the Agoda mobile app.
Despite our investment and belief in technology, people are still our greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to recruit other A-players and integrating them into the business will also be important.
- Extremely proficient in an object orientated language (Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, C#)
- Extremely proficient in modern coding practices (dependency injection, reactive programming, MVVM, design patterns)
- Extremely proficient in mobile platforms SDK (iOS, Android)
- Proficient in back-end development (MVC, REST API, data retrieval)
- Proficient in mobile OSs (memory management, context switching, threading)
- Extremely proficient in automatic testing (specta, jUnit, appium)
- Good understanding of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, TCP)
- Passionate about technology and mobile apps
- Experience working in a successful agile development team
- Able to take full responsibility for the product - from early planning stages to deployment and maintenance.
- Inspirational leadership - know what will make your engineers go the extra mile
- Previous experience managing engineering teams of at least 6 people
If you feel you are the right candidate to take us to the next level then get in touch! Agoda is full of like minded people who demand success and ensure we reach it.
This job is based in Bangkok and would require you to join our Bangkok office. We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
How to apply
Similar job offers in your area
BWAGODA - Senior Android Developer - eTravel, Bangkok Big Wednesday DigitalBangkok, ThailandJuly 09
AGODA - Senior Android Developer - eTravel, Bangkok Big Wednesday DigitalBangkok, ThailandJune 06
Mobile Developer - AGODA HIRING NOW - BANGKOK Big Wednesday DigitalBangkok, ThailandMay 25