Android Mobile App Engineer
Our awesome engineers are part of a highly motivated team creating innovative solutions in the Internet of Things/urban mobility/transportation space. We custom build our hardware and software that connects to our growing fleet of hybrid cars. Our geeks write smart algorithms to increase car sharing utilisation and operational efficiency ensuring customer happiness. We leverage big data collected through thousands of trips to aid in decision making. Smove run both a B2C operation in addition to key B2B partnerships over the years with Uber, Singapore Government (Ministry of Manpower) and most recently with Grab.
Smove gives people without cars the ability to hire one when they need it, at short notice from their mobile phone in just 3-5 clicks. They like it because they can pick up the car from an ordinary parking location and drop it off wherever is convenient.
For the future, smove plans to offer to licence its technology to car fleet operators in urban locations outside Singapore, likely franchising a package to sell mobility as a service, giving operators the ability to create utility-like services for transportation of people & goods anywhere.
“Nothing happens in a start-up company until you do it”
Smove is a young company that thrives on a clear vision to make cities more liveable and to solve all pain points around vehicle ownership by developing a service model around mobility & transportation.
We are very ambitious, but also know that great things will take time and there are no shortcuts to building a lasting and sustainable business with a great culture.
If you are a thinker-doer & self-starter, bring a growth mindset and you keep challenging yourself by building something meaningful, please continue reading. If you are able to thrive in an environment without clear-cut processes and even better, able to create lean, agile & innovative processes yourself, this job is for you.
Acting as lead Android developer, you will be working alongside the iOS platform team. You will deliver across the entire app life cycle – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release and support. You will gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions. You will be working with the front end developers, building the interface, with focus on usability features and creating compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences. You will pay special attention to the application’s compatibility with multiple versions of Android and device types, and you will have a strong understanding of the patterns and practices that revolve around such a platform.
- You will work closely with the Product and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer and/or partner facing new products, platforms and features.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications by monitoring performance of live apps and improving both the code and experience
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Maintain high quality code
- Manage the deployment and publishing of applications to various app stores
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.
- Minimum of two years proven experience with commercial software development – desktop and mobile
- Published examples of mobile applications on the Google Play Store
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging landscape
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
- Ability to work on your own and as a part of the team
- Deep knowledge of Android SDK and best practices for Android development
- High proficiency in Java, with strong object-oriented design skills
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for good UI/UX
- Experience working with RESTful APIs (JSON)
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code, and excellent debugging skills
- Strong CS fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Working knowledge of reactive programming (RxJava) and Kotlin is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable with change
- Creative Problem Solver
- Cultural/team fit
- Doesn't need structure
- Likes to learn new things
Nice to haves:
- Local Singaporean/currently located in Singapore
- Previous startup experience
Why join Smove?
We’re passionate about creating a culture where people, at any stage in their career, can learn, grow and contribute. That’s why we have a Free Book Club Program, monthly Lunch and Learn peer training sessions, monthly Smovers Culture Week and much, much more!
We are driven by transparency, open discussion, collaboration, and direct feedback. We hate bureaucracy and slow moving decisions, and strive to create an environment where employees can speak their mind and shape the future of the company. We embrace personal development, and foster a climate where trying new things and failing without consequences is not only the norm, but expected.
If that sounds like a great environment where you can thrive and grow with us, we want you!
- Mature startup experience, with an informal culture, and fun environment
- Flexible working hours, and opportunities for remote working
- The chance to work on a product/service that you can see working in the real world everyday
- Learn something new everyday
- Healthy snacks, coffee, and a little bit of chocolate/candy
- Free Book Club Program
- Interact with teammates from 8 different countries
5000 - 6600 SGDApply now