OnSite Android Developer-Regional Applicants Only
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for experienced native Android developers to join our existing app development teams.
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for an Android developer to join one of our projects in downtown Detroit. This role is with our OnSite business unit; successful applicants will be working at the client location in Detroit. Our teams are small and lean, and every member is encouraged to engage in discussions about application architecture and direction. As a mid-level/senior developer, you will be expected to help facilitate these conversations and guide the team to collectively make final decisions.
This role is with our OnSite business unit; successful applicants will work at our client site in downtown Detroit. This is a full-time salaried role with full medical and dental benefits, 401k matching, monthly team outings, and more.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Excited to learn new things and share what they learn with others
- Able to mentor and coach other technical team members
- Creative and flexible in their development approach
- Able to balance introducing the newest and latest technologies and frameworks into a project as well as using tried, true, and stable technology to achieve their goal
Required technical skills:
- 3+ years of experience building native Android mobile applications
- Experience with Google mobile application deployment and launch processes
- Team-based source code management, with Git or a similar tool
- Writing unit and other software-based tests
- Experience building software with more than one development methodology, and the ability to weigh the pros and cons of each.
- Expertise designing and consuming data APIs.
- Significant experience working within agile-based teams
- Previous automotive experience