Android Developer - Jr/Mid Level
This job offer is expired
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content. Join as an Android Developer and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package, an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
The opportunity would see you join the Mobile Client software development team (Sky Go / Sky Q), which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Mobile platform and associated clients.
- Collaborate daily with the implementation team (developers, analysts, product owners, etc.) to help produce acceptance criteria for user stories, providing technical and domain expertise that helps drive decision making
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team
- Implementing new features according their acceptance criteria, as well as maintaining and improving the existing features/codebase with an incremental and continuous improvement approach to deliver
- Excellent knowledge of the Android Platform
- Development experience in one or more OOP languages
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of Agile methodologies and best practices (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.). You’ll be a champion for agile best practices and be able to discuss the various practices and their benefits in detail
- Solid background in, and knowledge of OOP design patterns and best practices is essential
- Experience and knowledge of TDD and associated frameworks
- Experience using Continuous Integration (Jenkins, etc.). Must be able to setup/maintain a CI environment
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better