Android Developer (m/f)
XING provides advice and support to its more than 14 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Join our XING Mobile Release team and be a driver of our mobile infrastructure! You will be responsible for all tooling of the mobile infrastructure around continuous integration, distributing XING mobile applications and provide other developers with a working environment that allows focused development. As part of a cross-functional team, you will be working closely together with other backend developers, mobile developers, testers and product owners to provide sustainable, scalable and reliable software. You would join a motivated, constantly improving team that is diverse in disciplines and involved in a lot of challenging projects. We would be very happy to have you on board!
A challenging Task
- Help us develop and improve the tooling around mobile development at XING.
- Drive innovative solutions in close cooperation with your team as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Propose and drive code and architecture improvements, while being mindful when it comes to scalability and availability.
- Help improve on our system monitoring and error handling.
- Work on the infrastructure of apps with hundreds of thousands of daily users
- Summon up the patience to work with and improve legacy code.
- Passion for learning and continuously improving yourself, the processes and the team around you.
- In preparing the Android app releases, you'll cooperate with other agile teams that also contribute to delivering the latest updates to an increasing number of users.
- Be comfortable in an agile, collaborative Environment.
A convincing Background
- You have been working on different native Android applications for several years and command a profound knowledge of the Android SDK and with Android SDK tools.
- You’ve gained API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON.
- You have developed a good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Working with general software development patterns, clean code and architecture comes naturally to you.
- Testing is important to you. You are familiar with testing frameworks (for example JUnit, Calabash, Espresso, Spoon).
- You have experience with integrating unit tests and other automated testing frameworks in CI.
- You are familiar with RxJava, Dagger2, Git, Gradle, Jenkins.
- You communicate fluently in English.