Android Developer (m/f)
This job offer is expired
XING provides advice and support to its more than 14 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Join our XING Mobile Release team and be a driver of our mobile infrastructure! You will be responsible for all tooling of the mobile infrastructure around continuous integration, distributing XING mobile applications and provide other developers with a working environment that allows focused development. As part of a cross-functional team, you will be working closely together with other backend developers, mobile developers, testers and product owners to provide sustainable, scalable and reliable software. You would join a motivated, constantly improving team that is diverse in disciplines and involved in a lot of challenging projects. We would be very happy to have you on board!
A challenging Task
- Help us develop and improve the tooling around mobile development at XING.
- Drive innovative solutions in close cooperation with your team as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Propose and drive code and architecture improvements, while being mindful when it comes to scalability and availability.
- Help improve on our system monitoring and error handling.
- Work on the infrastructure of apps with hundreds of thousands of daily users
- Summon up the patience to work with and improve legacy code.
- Passion for learning and continuously improving yourself, the processes and the team around you.
- In preparing the Android app releases, you'll cooperate with other agile teams that also contribute to delivering the latest updates to an increasing number of users.
- Be comfortable in an agile, collaborative Environment.
A convincing Background
- You have been working on different native Android applications for several years and command a profound knowledge of the Android SDK and with Android SDK tools.
- You’ve gained API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON.
- You have developed a good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Working with general software development patterns, clean code and architecture comes naturally to you.
- Testing is important to you. You are familiar with testing frameworks (for example JUnit, Calabash, Espresso, Spoon).
- You have experience with integrating unit tests and other automated testing frameworks in CI.
- You are familiar with RxJava, Dagger2, Git, Gradle, Jenkins.
- You communicate fluently in English.