Software Engineer (WhatsApp - LONDON)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
We're a very small team, creating features and services for over a billion of users. We build fast and reliable automations that support the core WhatsApp platforms (iOS, Android, Web, Enterprise), allowing engineers at WhatsApp to reliably and safely deliver their apps to the world. Do with code what would take hundreds of people if done manually!
- Automate CI system that implements key targeted optimizations for the build and provides analytics and metrics to evaluate project performance
- Develop automations that raise early warning alerts to catch crashes before dogfooders or real users do
- Integrate WhatsApp with FB's tooling that automatically designs test cases to find crashes, pin point potential faulty code and match logs to give extra signal to help find fixes
- Provide tooling for QA teams to be able to do bug tracking and resolution more efficiently
- Develop automations to support our localization tool by collecting and analyzing hundreds of thousands of app strings and screenshots
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of iOS and Android SDK
- Experience in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience in UI automation (e.g. UI Automator, XCTest, Selenium)
- Understanding of application architecture and object-oriented design
- Experience with programmatic image manipulation (e.g. Python Image Library, ImageMagick)