Social Platform Client Engineer
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems and is reshaping how people experience entertainment, explore the universe and socialize with others. Come work alongside experts in software, hardware and research to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The Oculus Social Platform team builds the key pieces that allow developers to focus on creating rich experiences and allows end users to move seamlessly between those experiences. We are looking for a talented engineer to build the core technologies upon which these pieces are built. The ideal candidate is a detailed oriented, system-level engineer with a passion for helping other engineers innovate rapidly.
- Build system-level frameworks to run our platform logic across all major devices and operating systems, focusing on performance and maintainability.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years software development experience.
- Experience with system programming using C++ on PC and Android.
- Experience designing software systems and services.
- Experience with code optimization and performance tuning.
- Experience building UI frameworks.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.Apply now