Senior Mobile Engineer, Android
This job offer is expired
Varo is changing the future of banking with our mobile app: a frictionless bank account that also helps customers do more with their money. Varo is building a mobile bank that helps customers cover their expenses, pay their bills and build their wealth over time — so they can stop worrying about money and go live their lives. Unlike traditional banks or other fintech apps, Varo offers a complete solution with integrated deposit, budgeting, savings and lending products that help customers bank with ease and achieve better financial outcomes. There’s no reason for a bank branch on every corner anymore: all that customers need is a smartphone to bank seamlessly. Based in San Francisco and privately held, Varo has raised $78M to date, led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
ABOUT THE ANDROID TEAM
Varo’s Android team is in its infancy, and is looking to grow up. We are responsible for creating an amazing app from scratch for both phones and tablets. Our primary focus is to create a robust, testable and delightful app that will help help our customers manage their financial life. We work closely with our backend developers as well as design and product teams.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A SENIOR MOBILE ENGINEER WHO WILL
- Team up on the architecture, and development of our Android application.
- Use modern but proven technologies to create an app that will run on multiple devices.
- Deliver polished and beautiful UI with smooth animations and delightful interactions.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- Excellent knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with mobile application architectures (MVVM, MVP, Clean) and knowledge of their pros and cons.
- Experience with Material design.
- Knowing everything there is to know about Activities, Fragments, Lifecycles, Repositories, and those Terrible Failures.
- Experience with databases, both yes and no SQL.
- Being comfortable writing testable, performant code.
- Good understanding of REST and experience in integrating mobile applications with back-end services.
- Basic understanding of HTTP, AWS, and Linux to help troubleshoot issues during integration testing between UI and backend.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and Git.
- Understanding of Scrum development process.
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we’re looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
- Architecting, designing and implementing and Android application from scratch.
- Being passionate and taking pride in what you and your team produces.
- Sharing their knowledge with their peers, through code reviews and mentoring.
Other nice to haves:
- Experience in building mobile web applications is a plus.
- Financial industry experience is a plus.
- Experience in building iOS apps is a small plus.
- Appreciation of statically typed languages.
- Knowledge of functional programming.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow