Senior Android Developer
This job offer is expired
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join the team at ShipChain Inc.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- React Native is a plus
- iOS Development Experience is a plus
We'd love you to have a current technical blog, web presence, or an active Github profile.
As well as the technical knowledge, you'll also:
- Remain up to date with state-of-the-art developments in your software field and share your knowledge with the wider team.
- Be confident keeping projects on track through strong personal project management skills, collaboration and supporting other team members.
- Support colleagues (teaching, coaching, line managing, mentoring, reviewing and improving code).
In return we'll offer:
- An opportunity to work on a highly-visible, technically advanced project with a world-class team of industry leaders.
- Performance-related bonuses.
- Travel to occasional technical conferences (optional).
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- 15 days annual leave.
- Full Health + Dental + Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Work in our modern Greenville SC office with an on-site gym
- Your choice of the finest tooling and hardware to perform your craft
This is an *in house position only*. Relocation to Greenville, SC will be mandatory.
ShipChain Inc is an Equal Opportunities employer.
No agencies, please.