Backend Developer or Solutions Consultant develop into a Solutions Architect
This job offer is expired
We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge technology including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications, Swipe to Hype, app marketing and various in-store features. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Due to rapid growth and client demand we are seeking a Solutions Architect, you will be tasked with supporting pre and post sales processes through a combination of commercial thinking and technical expertise. You will be a customer champion and an app commerce advocate, to both internal and external stakeholders. You will work closely with the product, services and commercial teams and be the go-to technical expert in commercial and ecommerce processes.
You will advise prospects and clients on how to launch, integrate and manage an app within their existing infrastructure, while at the same time providing insight and feedback that will allow us to increase profitability and predictability, continually improving our offering and go-to-market strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- As part of pre-sales and post-sales phases, you will architect and design leading mobile commerce solutions that support industry leading best practices in technology, features, performance and scalability.
- Providing technical direction and guidance, overseeing of development, and supporting the successful delivery of projects.
- Taking responsibility for the technical design of client solutions. This includes a lead role in project discovery and definition workshops, creating scope and development estimates, and documenting requirements and designs.
- Providing technical problem resolution to complex issues.
- Contributing to on-going process, documentation, and methodology improvements within the Poq Professional Services team.
- Working with cross-functional teams such as engineering and product management to provide feedback and support the evolution of the product and platform infrastructure.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years in professional services/consulting.
- Solution Architecture experience designing and implementing complex enterprise applications in B2B2C environment.
- Proven track record and experience in architecture and solution design in ecommerce or mcommerce.
- Experience providing solutions for tenders/RFPs.
- Experience with senior level stakeholder engagement and requirements capture.
- Hands on experience in OOAD, technical architecture definition, and working knowledge of varied front-end, middleware, and backend technologies and frameworks.
- Experience working on apps for retail.
- STEM qualification or similar.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week.
- Selection of breakfast options provided.
- If you work late, we pay for your dinner and have it delivered to the office.
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done BBQs, whitewater rafting, a circus workshop, and more).