This job offer is expired
We’re looking for an Android Engineer who is a talented super ninja programmer and is interested in being part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day. Continuous integration, auto-scaled rolling releases, event-driven micro-service architectures are all part of the daily gig. We’re a team of 4,000 ambitious, curious people building trading platforms that are used by hundreds of millions of people every month to buy and sell almost anything.
What you will be doing:
- You'll work closely with other teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
- You will support a wide range of products focusing on automation, availability and performance, and above all reliability as well as supporting other engineers and business intelligence leading up to, during and after each sprint.
- You will live true to our ambitions of building an industry leading platform which is relentlessly focused on innovation.
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
- Write architecturally sound and maintainable code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
- Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- Unit-test code for robustness, include edge cases, usability and reliability.
- Working with our testing team to ensure 100% test coverage.
- Discovering and implementing the newest technologies.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience of native Android development.
- 5+ years of Java or OOP.
- A deep understanding of the Java Language.
- A deep understanding of the Android SDK, SQLite, Web services and location-based services.
- A current view on the Android development landscape.
- A diverse portfolio of previously built Android Apps.
- Have published at least one or more Android Apps to the market.
- Experienced with third party libraries and APIs
- Current knowledge of mobile architecture, landscape, trends and emerging markets.
- The ability to create world leading beautiful and elegant user interfaces.
- A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
- A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing a mobile app.
- A solid understand of how to create data structures and ORM.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
- You understand git commands and have a GitHub or Bitbucket account.
- A good Understanding of MVC, MVP & MVVM patterns.
- Knowledge of Kotlin language is a plus.
- Problem solving; Analytical thinking; Conceptual thinking; Detail oriented;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. This is an absolute must. We have heated debates around complicated subjects and you will be expected to defend your points of view.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment;
What we’ll give you:
- A cool, tech focused environment
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Vibrant social scene
- Staff development & recognition plan
- 1 return flight to home country per year after one-year service
- Medical insurance for Family
- Tax free salary
What you need to know about us:
- Dubizzle is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +4000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100-year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change