Senior Android Developer (f/m) Urban Mobility
This job offer is expired
Who we are
As the first free-floating car sharing system in the world, car2go offers flexible mobility with smart fortwo and Mercedes-Benz vehicles, everywhere and at any time for a reasonable price in the inner city areas of various cities. Vehicles can be located and booked spontaneously via smartphone app or the internet portal.
As a self-organized and agile team we work collaboratively to solve challenging problems of the fast developing app technology. We are an international team of experts which supports direct communication and a hands-on culture. Our spirit is determined by a pioneering footprint and we foster the contribution of your own ideas and research.
The app development team is located in Hamburg, and offers a fantastic view to the river Elbe.
You will play a key role within the app development team and shape easy accessible and fast responding frontends for millions of customers worldwide.
Your tasks will be:
- Building the Android version of the car2go app
- Constantly improving our app architecture
- Writing no new Java classes, only Kotlin
- Identifying and solving real world challenges
- Ensuring that our app has an outstanding performance
- Pro-actively addressing current and future availability, capacity and security needs of our Android application
- Elaborating with your team and your Product Owners about technical improvements
Skills and requirements
- You have many years of experience as a developer
- You are familiar the Android SDK and enjoy working with Kotlin
- You have great understanding of RxJava, Dependency Injection and testing of Android Apps
- You have an eye for design and user experience
- You enjoy working in a cross-functional, agile team, taking the initiative and introducing new ideas
- You are willing to improve yourself, the team, the workflow and the product
- You are passionate about an innovative product
The recruitment process
When you have applied successfully, you’ll be invited for a phone interview with one of our experienced tech recruiters.
If our recruiter believes you are suitable for the role, you will be asked for a Skype interview with the project’s technical lead.
The last stage includes a face to face interview at our office in Hamburg. This is usually with the technical lead, one of our developers and an HR manager.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow