Android Developer Team Lead
This job offer is expired
Android Development Team Lead
DAT Solutions, LLC a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP), is looking for an Android Development Team Lead to join our Product Development team in Beaverton, Oregon.
The DAT Product Development and Technology team is responsible for delivering customer solutions on multiple platforms that are responsive, scalable, and of the highest quality. We use the Agile development process, and value employees who foster collaboration between team members.
The Android Development Team Lead will be responsible for the architecture, technical direction, and development of DAT’s Android applications. This position requires both depth and breadth of technology expertise. This individual must be highly proficient with current software development tools and practices, particularly related to mobile development on the Android platform. Qualified candidates will also have experience developing and consuming REST APIs. This individual must also possess the ability to “see the big picture” and constantly steer projects toward better solutions, while developing applications that meet customer needs. The Android Development Team Lead also has significant responsibility in the growth and mentoring of other software engineers on the team and must possess good leadership skills and be able to motivate and develop other team members.
- Lead the development of Android applications, driving architectural best practices
- Design and develop REST APIs
- Translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications
- Assist in the preparation of project plans and product roadmaps, specifically in the areas of task breakdown, estimating, and scheduling
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other team members
- Design and develop code that is reliable, maintainable, and extendable
- Write unit, integration, and functional tests, and guide the team in doing the same
- Document software designs and project tasks
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on schedule and software design
- Lead and participate in design/code reviews
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 6+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years team lead / management experience
- Deep knowledge of the Android platform and the Java language, including tools/frameworks such as Android Studio and Gradle
- Experience consuming and developing REST APIs according to established best practices, knowledge of Node.js is a plus
- Solid understanding of software design principles and patterns, and experience applying them
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
- High productivity and effective time management
- Experience with Scrum/Agile SDLC
DAT operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations and industry analysts rely on DAT for market trends and data insights derived from 141 million forecasted freight matches in 2017, and a database of $33 billion of market transactions.
The Original Load Board - Trusted Since 1978
The company was established in 1978 as the Dial-A-Truck (DAT) load finder service at Jubitz® truck stop in Portland, OR.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
DAT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/companyEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
Android Developer ACME AtronOmatic, LLCPortland, OR, USJune 13